- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g pak choi
- 4 tuna steaks, each 175g
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 pinches of dried red chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
For the honey and lime dressing:
- 8 tsp honey
- 4 small red chillies, chopped
- grated zest and juice of 4 limes
- 4 tbsp walnut oil
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pak choi and blanch for 1 minute. Drain, cool and quarter each head of pak choi.
2. Preheat a griddle pan until very hot. Brush the tuna steaks with a little of the vegetable oil. Place the tuna on the hot griddle pan and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest.
3. Preheat a wok until very hot. Add the remaining vegetable oil and sesame oil and heat through.
4. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli flakes and pak choi and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
5. To make the dressing, mix together the honey, chillies, lime zest and juice, walnut oil and extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Place the stir-fried pak choi on a serving dish. Finely slice the seared tuna steaks and place on top of the bok choi.
7. Drizzle the honey dressing over the tuna, sprinkle with the coriander and serve.
Rate This Recipe