- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- black pepper
- 80 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- 110 ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tuna steaks, each 150g
- 100 ml milk
1. Place the quartered potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with water and add a good pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Cook until tender, drain and keep warm.
2. Place the coriander, garlic, half the juice and zest of the limes and 50ml olive oil into a blender. Blend to a paste, season well with salt and freshly ground pepper and set aside.
3. Heat a griddle pan until hot. Season the tuna steaks well with salt and freshly ground pepper. Place the tuna steaks on the hot griddle pan with a drizzle of olive oil and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, making sure it is nice and pink.
4. Meanwhile, heat the milk. Place the drained potato into a food processor and mix while pouring on the hot milk. Once all the hot milk has been added, stir in the coriander paste. Mix, season to taste with salt and frehly ground pepper and keep warm.
5. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan. Add in the onion rings and fry until golden brown, Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper
6. To serve, place the coriander mash in the centre of two warm serving plates. Top each portion of mash with the griddled tuna. Top with the crispy onions, drizzle with olive oil, grind freshly ground black pepper over the top and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe