- Serves: 4 burgers
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g minced sirloin trimmings
- 200 g minced rib trimmings
- 200 g minced fillet trimmings
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 55 g butter
- secret spice mix (see cook's notes)
Tips and Suggestions
Unfortunately, Antony refused to divulge to us the contents of his secret spice mix, so we suggest you try experimenting with your own variety and see what you can come up with. Try using a selection of spices that compliment each other such as cumin and coriander. Just remember to keep it a secret!
A good butcher should be able to help you with the beef cuts required for these burgers
1. Mix together the sirloin and rib trimmings by hand in a large bowl. Note: to hold the burgers together, it's best if all the beef has a good amount of visible fat - about 20%.
2. Chop the fillet trimmings very finely, then fold into the sirloin and rib.
3. In a frying pan over a medium heat on the hob, gently sweat the onion in the butter then and this to the beef and stir it in using your hands.
4. Finally, add your secret spices and mix well.
5. Using wet hands, shape the mixture into four round burgers. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before cooking to allow them to firm up. Cook burgers however you like - barbecue, grill, fry or oven bake.
Rate This Recipe