- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 6 hrs (or overnight) freezing
- Effort: easy
- 5 eggs, separated
- 80 g caster sugar
- 200 g amaretti biscuits
- 10 tbsp crushed pistachio nuts
- 3 tbsp amaretti biscuits
- 400 ml whipped cream
- 1 pinches cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until they are soft and light.
2. Stir in the crushed Amaretti biscuits, pistachio nuts and liqueur.
3. Gently stir in the whipped cream.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and then fold gently in to the semi-freddo mixture.
5. Cover a 500ml capacity terrine mould or loaf tin with cling-film (this will enable you to tip out the semi-freddo when ready and slice it easily). Pour the mixture into the mould and place in the freezer for at least six hours, or overnight.
6. Serve in slices on dessert plates dusted with cocoa powder, alongside a cup of espresso coffee.
Rate This Recipe