- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr freezing
- Effort: medium
- 4 egg whites
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 150 g biscotti
- 50 ml amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 100 g mascarpone
- 6 espresso cups of freshly made espresso coffee, sugared
Tips and Suggestions
This recipe contains raw eggs. Recipes containing raw or lightly cooked eggs should not be fed to elderly people, children, invalids or pregnant women because of the risk of salmonella.
1. In a bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. In another bowl whisk the double cream until soft peaks form. Slice the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the vanilla seeds into the cream and fold in.
3. Roughly crush the cantuccini biscuits in a pestle and mortar. Place the crushed cantuccini biscuits in a bowl and pour over the Amaretto.
4. Fold the whisked egg whites into the whisked cream, then fold the marscapone into the soaked cantuccini.
5. Fold the egg white mixture into the marscapone and cantuccini mix.
6. Fill 6 cling film-lined ramekins with the mixture and place them into the freezer for 1 hour.
7. To serve turn each ramekin upside down into a bowl, remove the ramekin and cling film and pour an espresso over each portion. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe