- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g semolina
- 800 ml full-fat milk
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 pear, peeled, deseeded and cut into eighths
- 100 g caster sugar
- 01/2 lemons, juice only
- 15 blanched toasted hazelnuts, plus extra to serve
- 2 star anise
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
1. Toast the semolina in a warm frying pan until pale golden. Add the milk along with the seeds from a vanilla pod (keep the pod). Stir frequently and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes until thickened and smooth. Continue to whisk if any lumps form.
2. Add 200ml hot water to another pan along with the caster sugar, star anise and the left-over vanilla pod. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. Add the pears and a squeeze of lemon juice and continue to cook until the pears are almost soft but still with a little bite.
3. Once the semolina is cooked, add the condensed milk and mix well. Add the granulated sugar and mix again. Taste and add more sugar or condensed milk to taste. Add the halved hazelnuts and stir.
4. Serve the semolina pudding in a bowl with the poached pears on top. Sprinkle some halved hazelnuts on top and finely grate 2 or 3 hazelnuts over the entire dish.
Rate This Recipe