- Serves: makes 12
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g jaggery, (palm sugar)
- 20 g butter
- 50 ml double cream
- 40 g plain flour
- 20 g sesame seeds
Tips and Suggestions
Jaggery is also known as palm sugar and is easily available in the oriental or the speciality food section of good supermarkets, or from oriental food stores.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Heat the jaggery, butter and double cream in a saucepan until the jaggery has dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour and sesame seeds.
4. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking trays, leaving a space in between each to allow the mixture to spread as it cooks.
5. Bake for 4-5 minutes until golden.
6. Remove the tuilles from the oven and leave for 1 minute to firm slightly, then shape over a rolling pin. If they cool too quickly and become too crisp, simply return them to the oven for a few seconds and try again.
7. Store in an airtight tin until required.
Rate This Recipe