- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the dressing
- 50 ml natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped mint
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and cubed
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
For the pancakes
- 1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or 125g dried chickpeas, soaked and cooked
- 2 tsp chopped mint
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 100 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1. For the dressing: whisk the yogurt, oil, mint and lemon juice together, season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the vegetables and set aside.
2. For the pancakes: place the chickpeas in a food processor, along with the mint, parsley, sesame oil and egg. Whiz for 1'2 minutes to form a rough paste, then add the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper, add the lemon juice and pulse a few times until everything comes together.
3. Shape into 6 even-sized pancakes about 6cm wide and 1.5cm thick. Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan on a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add half the pancakes and fry on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Repeat with the remaining pancakes, adding a little more oil first.
4. Place on individual plates with some salad on the side, then scatter with the toasted sesame seeds.
Rate This Recipe