- Serves: makes about 40
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 165 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 55 g wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp finely chopped leaves of oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/Gas 3 and line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flours, sesame seeds, oregano and salt. Mix the oils and 125ml of water together and add to the dry ingredients, stirring to form a soft, pliable dough.
3. Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll each out on a lightly floured board as thinly as possible. Each piece of dough should yield a rectangle about 34 x 16cm. Cut each rectangle into strips measuring about 4 x 17cm and roll very thinly again ' they need to be virtually see-through.
4. Carefully transfer the strips to a baking tray, brush lightly with oil and sprinkle with flaky salt. Bake until crisp and pale golden ' about 15-18 minutes. Allow the lavosh to cool fully, then store them in an airtight container.
Rate This Recipe