- Serves: Makes 16-20 skewers
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 4 or 5 long strips
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 5 cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Thread each chicken strip onto a bamboo skewer and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat and fry the garlic, chilli and ginger together for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, tahini and lime juice and bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat.
3. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat, brush the chicken lightly with oil then griddle for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
4. Transfer to a serving plate, pour over the satay sauce and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve.
Rate This Recipe