- Serves: 4 as a snack
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g raw prawns, shells removed, deveined and finey chopped
- 1 pieces piece ginger, (2cm)grated
- 1 large spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 dashes of sesame oil
- 1 dashes of dark soy sauce
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 6 slices brown bread, toasted
- 5 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 500 ml groundnut oil, for deep-frying
1. Mix the prawns with the ginger, spring onion, egg white, cornflour, sesame oil, soy sauce and salt.
2. Spread one side of each slice of bread with the prawn mixture, and dip the filling side into sesame seeds.
3. Deep fry the toast in hot oil, over a moderate heat - filling side up until golden brown - about 3-5 minutes.
4. Drain on absorbent paper and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe