- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus overnight chilling plus rising
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 50 ml olive oil
- 20 g yeast
- 300 ml water
- sesame seeds, for coating
- 50 g cheese, of your choice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
Tips and Suggestions
The dough can be freezed for later use. It must, however, be wrapped in clingfilm. When removing from the freezer, leave to thaw overnight and then leave to rise again.
1. Put the flour, salt, olive oil, yeast and water into a mixing bowl the ingredients into a bowl and mix with your hands to bind together.
2. When a dough has formed tip it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
3. Return the dough to the washed and dried bowl and chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Divide the dough into 75g pieces and roll each piece out to a 10cm long sausage shape, then join the ends to form a ring.
5. Roll the dough rings in the sesame seeds.
6. Place them on two baking sheets lined with baking parchment and set aside to rest for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
8. Bake the rings for 25 minutes until golden brown, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
9. Cut the sesame rolls in half and cover the bottom half of each roll with cheese and onion.
10. Grill briefly until the cheese melts, then top with the top half of each roll. Serve.
Rate This Recipe