- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2.5 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- a sprig of curry leaves
- 2 fresh coconut
- 400 g shark fillet, cut into cubes
- 4 fresh tiger prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 100 g fresh spinach
- black pepper
- a squeeze of fresh lime juice
- thai sticky rice, cooked, to serve
- fresh coriander, to garnish
1. First grind the cumin and coriander in a pestle and mortar.
2. In a heavy-based saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Fry the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chillies and curry leaves for 2-3 minutes over a low heat to release the flavours.
3. Place the coconut flesh in a square of muslin and wrap the muslin round the coconut. Squeeze the coconut over the saucepan, adding the coconut milk to the spice mixture.
4. Add the shark and tiger prawns. Stirring often, cook over medium heat, for 4 minutes.
5. Add the sugar snap peas and spinach and cook for a further minute.
6. Add a squeeze of lime juice and serve on a bed of Thai sticky rice garnished with fresh coriander.
Rate This Recipe