- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 bulb fennel
- 1 apple
- 2 stalks celery, (with leaves if possible), washed and trimmed
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- small piece cheshire cheese
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds only
1. Trim the fennel at the tips and the base and remove any coarse outer leaves. If there are any little fronds remove and keep them.
2. Quarter and core the apple and set aside - don't leave any of this sitting around to discolour - assemble the salad quickly.
3. Using a mandolin, slice the fennel very thinly and put it into a large bowl. Slice the celery on an angle. Change the setting and slice the apple into slightly thicker pieces. Add any fennel fronds and celery leaves. Toss through the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Shave the cheese with a potato peeler, or crumble into chunks, whichever you prefer. Toss this in gently, scatter over the pomegranate seeds and serve.
Rate This Recipe