- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 60 g butter
- 1 lemon sole, slashed deeply 3 times on each side
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemons
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 bulb fennel, finely chopped
- 6 fresh clams
- 6 live mussels
- 6 fresh cockles
- 250 ml white wine
- 100 ml pastis
- 2 tbsp double cream
- large handful of finely chopped parsley
1. In a large ovenproof frying pan, heat 20g of the butter until it foams. Meanwhile, preheat the grill.
2. Add the lemon sole to the pan and sprinkle the top of the fish with a quarter of the garlic and half the lemon juice. Dot with a little of the remaining butter and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Place the frying pan with the lemon sole in it under the hot grill. Cook it for 6-10 minutes checking often to see that the lemon sole does not burn.
4. Meanwhile in a separate heavy-based frying pan heat the remaining butter. Add the shallots, remaining garlic and the fennel and cook for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring often.
5. Add the clams, mussels, cockles and white wine and the remaining lemon juice to the shallot mixture.
6. Cook over a high heat, stirring, for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in the pastis and double cream and cook over a low heat, for a further minute until the mixture had reduced and thickened.
8. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix in the parsley (reserving a little).
9. Transfer the grilled lemon sole to a serving space and spoon over the shellfish sauce. Sprinkle over the remaining parsley and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe