- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g spaghetti
- 50 g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 800 g mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 800 g clams, soaked and scrubbed if necessary
- 100 ml white wine
- 150 g brown shrimps, peeled
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions until al dente (tender but retaining some bite). Drain well and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter and oil in a lidded frying pan. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the mussels, clams and white wine, then cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the mussels and clams have opened and are cooked. Discard any that remain unopened.
3. Add the spaghetti to the pan and mix well, allowing the shellfish juices to coat the pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir through the brown shrimp and parsley. Divide among bowls and serve.
Rate This Recipe