- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 250-300g fresh scallops
- 750 ml whipping cream
- 60 g uncooked salmon
- 60 g prawns, with shells
- 60 g uncooked mussels, without shells
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- caviar butter sauce
- steamed baby greens
Tips and Suggestions
When processing the scallops, be careful to pulse the machine so as not to beat the scallops too much.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Line a 20x10x7.5 cm oblong terrine tin with cling film, letting it hang down over the edges of the tin.
2. Put the scallop meat in a food processor and pulse briefly until smooth. Slowly pour in the cream and process until very smooth. Scrape into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. Skin the salmon and cut into small chunks. Shell and de-vein the prawns, cutting them in half if they are large.
4. Stir the salmon, prawns and mussels into the scallop mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared terrine tin. Flatten the top with a spatula. Fold the cling film over the top of the terrine and cover with foil.
6. Place in a roasting pan filled with enough hot water to come two-thirds of the way up the sides of the terrine.
7. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a thermometer placed in the centre of the terrine reads 60°C.
8. Serve warm with Caviar Butter Sauce and steamed baby greens.
Rate This Recipe