- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 40 g plain flour
- 600 ml milk
- 3 tbsp sherry
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 100 g mature cheddar cheese
- black pepper
- 300 g chicken, cooked
- 150 g thickly sliced ham, cut into strips
- 200 g broccoli florets, lightly cooked
- 50 g chopped mixed nuts
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Add in the flour and cook stirring for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk and cook until you have a thick smooth and glossy sauce.
2. Simmer for 1 minute, then stir in the sherry, mustard and 50g of Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Add the chicken, ham and broccoli and warm through.
4. Preheat the grill.
5. Spoon the mixture into four individual ovenproof dishes, or one large gratin dish.
6. Mix the remaining Cheese with the nuts and parsley and sprinkle over the top.
7. Grill for 2-3 minutes, until the top is golden and bubbling. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe