- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g fresh spinach, freshly cooked and drained
- 225 g mild cheddar cheese
- 250g cooked crab meat, thawed if frozen
- 5-6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 300 ml soured cream
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 75 ml dry sherry
- black pepper
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 115 g breadcrumbs
- 55 g butter, melted plus extra for greasing
- sprigs parsley, to garnish
- lemon wedges, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°/gas 4.
2. Squeeze the spinach dry to remove any excess moisture. Divide the spinach among 6 well-buttered ramekins.
3. Sprinkle 115g of grated Cheddar evenly over the spinach-filled ramekins, then top with the crabmeat.
4. Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and sherry. Season with salt and freshly-ground pepper and freshly-grated nutmeg.
5. Spoon the sour cream mixture over the crabmeat. Top with the remaining Cheddar and the breadcrumbs.
6. Drizzle the melted butter over the ramekins. Bake the ramekins for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve garnished with parsley and lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe