- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 large red peppers
- 2 large yellow peppers
- 2 large green peppers
- vegetable oil, for drizzling
For the filling:
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onions, chopped very finely
- 1ï¿½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground pomegranate powder
- a good handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Boil the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until tender; drain.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan with the cumin seeds.
4. When sizzling, add in the onions and fry until soft but not golden.
5. Add the chilli, ginger, salt garam masala, pomegranate seed powder and drained potatoes, mixing well.
6. Turn off the heat and mash the mixture together in the pan. Add the coriander and mash a little more.
7. Cut out the stalks of the peppers by gently using a knife to cut around it and then pull them out. They should look like plugs or stoppers and you should be left with the whole pepper with a hole at the top. Do not discard the stalks.
8. Stuff the peppers with the potato mixture, using fingers to press in as much as you can. When the peppers are full, push the stalks back in. Push them quite far into the pepper as during cooking they will be pushed out slightly; they should give the impression of a whole pepper again.
9. Place the stuffed peppers in a baking tray and drizzle with a little oil.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, turning over halfway through the cooking time.
Rate This Recipe