- Serves: 3
- Cook Time: 1.5 hours 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp chilli bean sauce, (Doban jiang)
- 6 whole chinese dried mushrooms
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 litres water
- 1 aubergine
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- coriander leaves
- jasmine rice, to serve
- 1 small red bird's eye chilli, chopped
1. Place all the ingredients, except the aubergine, spring onion and coriander in a casserole dish and cook for 1 hour 10 minutes.
2. Add the aubergine and cook for a further 15 minutes.
3. Add the spring onion and coriander and cook for a final 5 minutes.
4. Serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.
Rate This Recipe