- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cm ginger, grated
- 1 medium aubergine
- 500 ml water
- 3 tbsp chilli bean sauce, preferably dou ban jiang sauce, if available
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 400 g fresh tofu
- 2 small spring onions, shredded
1. Heat a wok with the groundnut oil over a high heat. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds.
2. Add the aubergine to the wok and continue frying for 2-3 minutes.
3. Pour over 500ml of water, followed by the chilli bean sauce, soy sauce and tofu. Simmer for another 1-2 minutes, garnish with spring onions and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe