- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 3 hrs rising
- Effort: medium
For the Pizza Base:
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 260 ml water
- 15 g salt
- 40 ml olive oil
For the Pizza Topping:
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 60 g gorgonzola cheese
- a handful of leaves basil
- 4 buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 150 ml single cream
- 8 slices Parma or Virginia ham
1. In a mixing bowl mix together 200g of the flour with the yeast, add 160ml of water and mix in. Cover and set aside for 2 hours to rise.
2. Mix in the remaining flour and water, plus the salt and olive oil.
3. Set the dough aside in its mixing bowl to double in size.
4. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7.
5. Roll out the dough into a large circle and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
6. Bake the dough base for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven.
7. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes and garlic in a saucepan. Add a splash of water and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
8. Spread the cooked tomato mixture over the pizza base. Crumble over the Gorgonzola, tear over the basil, sprinkle over the mozzarella pieces and pour over the cream.
9. Bake the pizza for 20 minutes. Top with the ham and serve.
Rate This Recipe