- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- juice and grated zest of 2 lemons
- 300 g caster sugar
- 60 g butter, melted
- 375 ml full-fat milk
- 25 g self-raising flour, sieved
- 3 large eggs, separated
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 5. Lightly grease 4 individual pudding moulds, each with a cubic capacity of about 250ml.
2. Beat together the lemon zest and juice, the sugar, butter, milk, flour and egg yolks until you have a smooth batter.
3. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and then gently fold into the batter.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pudding moulds and then sit them in a roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the tray to come half way up the side of the pudding moulds.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the tops are nicely golden and risen.
6. Serve immediately as they are, or with pouring cream.
Rate This Recipe