- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 5 chinese dried mushrooms
- 250 g rice noodles
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 5 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 230 g tinned water chestnuts
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 200 g uncooked shelled and de-veined prawns, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
1. Put the Chinese mushrooms in boiling water for 20 minutes. Do the same with the rice noodles in a separate pan. Once cooked, drain the noodles and set aside. Drain the Chinese mushrooms, chop and set aside.
2. Heat the peanut oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic, ginger and turmeric briefly. Add the chopped mushrooms, water chestnuts and spring onion.
3. Add the prawns and cooked noodles.
4. Add the oyster sauce, rice vinegar and soy sauce and stir to combine.
5. Add the beaten egg and sesame oil, stir gently until the egg is cooked through then serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe