- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.3 litres water
- 450 g pork riblets or pork ribs, cut to pieces
- 5 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 450 g French beans
- 250 g aubergines
- 300 g okra, sliced
- 1 large daikon radish, sliced
- 300 g spinach or pak choi
- boiled jasmine rice, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
as an alternative to pork, you can use beef (stewing, brisket, shank or plate) chicken or fish in this dish. Adjust the cooking time according to what you go for.
1. In a large stockpot, bring the water and pork to a boil. Add the tomatoes, onion, tamarind and salt. Simmer for 1 hour, or until the pork is tender.
2. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary. Bring to a boil, add the beans, aubergine, okra and radish, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the spinach or pak choi, cover and remove from the heat. Stand for 5 minutes to cook the spinach.
4. Serve in bowls, accompanied by boiled jasmine rice.
Rate This Recipe