- Serves: 8-10 as a party nibble
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 400 ml milk
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split in half, lengthways
- 6 egg yolks
- 85 g caster sugar
- 50 ml white crème de cacao
- 100 g dream bars, chopped (or any crunchy chocolate wafer bars)
- 115 g dark chocolate, melted
- 115 g white chocolate, melted
- 1 empty bottle champagne, with cork
- assortment chocolate
- candied fruits
1. Warm the milk, cream and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Cover and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar, and pour over the milk mixture. Stir well to blend everything together, before transferring the custard back into the pan. Cook, stirring all the time, until it thickens and lightly coats the back of a spoon. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool. Stir in the white chocolate liqueur
3. Churn the ice cream mixture in an ice cream machine until just set. Add the chopped Dream bars or chocolate wafer biscuits and transfer the ice cream to a deep freezer.
4. Once the ice cream has firmed up, scoop out balls of ice cream using a melon scoop. Stick a skewer in each one and then re-freeze to harden.
5. Dip half the ice cream balls in melted dark chocolate and the remainder in white chocolate. Return the sticks to the freezer.
6. When ready to serve, place the skewers into the cork of an empty bottle, and do the same with the chocolates and candied fruit - this creates a flamboyant flourish and a dramatic way to serve ice cream!
Rate This Recipe