- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes Plus including roasting the vegetables
- Effort: easy
- 1 aubergine
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 160 g pizza base mix
- 1 tbsp lemon thyme
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
For the salsa (or buy ready made):
- 200 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 85 g ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions, chopped
- black pepper
- 140 g cream cheese
- handful of sorrel leaves, shredded, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Cut the aubergine, onion and peppers into 3cm chunks. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season well. Place them into a roasting pan and roast for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly charred.
3. Make up the pizza base as directed on the packet, incorporating the lemon thyme. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a circle about 13cm in diameter, set aside.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Place two of the pizza bases in the oil and cook over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes each side, until cooked and golden. Repeat with the remaining two bases.
5. Meanwhile combine the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese together with 2 tablespoons of water.
6. To serve, place a cooked pizza on each of 4 serving plates. Spoon over the salsa; pile on the roasted vegetables and dot over the cream cheese. Scatter with the sorrel and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe