- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3-1/2 tsp ground allspice, freshly ground
- 500 g minced turkey
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 400 g wholewheat spaghetti
- a few shavings of parmesan, to serve
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a wide saucepan or sauté pan. Add the chopped onion and cook over a medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and allspice and continue cooking for another 10 minutes or until the onions are soft, golden and floppy.
2. Add the turkey breast mince to the pan and raise the heat to moderately high. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3-5 minutes or until the turkey is crumbly and has turned white.
3. Pour in the canned tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce is thick and rich.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
5. Add the chopped parsley to the turkey ragu and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired. Toss the sauce and spaghetti together in a large bowl then transfer to serving plates. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper and serve hot immediately.
Rate This Recipe