- Serves: makes 750ml - 1 litre
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 4 - 5 months resting time
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg sloes, washed and frozen
- 85 g caster sugar
- 750 ml ' 1 litre gin
Tips and Suggestions
You would usually have to slit each sloe but freezing them means they burst of their own accord.
1. Put the frozen sloes into a sterilised jar and add the sugar and gin, seal tightly then shake well.
2. Store in a cool dark place and shake the bottle every day for a week and then once a week for at least two months.
3. Strain the gin through a muslin cloth into smaller bottles, put a stopper in each bottle and give to friends or family as gifts or enjoy yourself.
Rate This Recipe