- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 170 g cranberries
- sloe gin, to marinate
- 150 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 pinches ground allspice
- 1 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
1. Leave the cranberries to marinate in a splash of sloe gin in a shallow non-reactive bowl.
2. Combine the orange juice and sugar in a separate bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Pour the orange-sugar mixture into a pan, add the marinated cranberries and spices and simmer until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Leave to cool and serve with turkey. The sauce can be stored, covered, in the fridge for 2-3 days or frozen for up to a month.
Rate This Recipe