- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus soaking
- Effort: easy
- 5-6 dried chillies
- 150 g ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 kg small chicken, jointed into eight pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/ 2 tsp garam masala
1. Soak the chillies in water to cover and leave on one side for 4-5 hours. Discard the soaking water and remove the seeds from the chillies. If you prefer a fiery chilli kick, leave the seeds in 1-2 chillies pat dry with kitchen paper to remove any excess moisture.
2. Heat the ghee in a large casserole and add the salt and chillies. After a minute or two add the chicken pieces to the pan one by one and cover with a lid. Cook on a very low heat for 30-40 minutes until tender. The chicken should poach in the warm ghee, rather than frying.
3. Stir in the garlic and continue cooking for a further 15 minutes. Sprinkle with garam masala and serve with Indian bread.
Rate This Recipe