- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 1 kg piece belly of wild boar
- 750g - 1 kg Desiree potatoes, peeled
- few handfuls purple sprouting broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 banana shallot, sliced
- 4 salted anchovies
1. Preheat the oven to 250C/230C fan/gas 9.
2. Place the boar belly, skin side up, onto a wire rack set inside a roasting tray. Place into the oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until the skin begins to crackle. Turn the temperature down to 160C/140C fan/gas 3 and roast for a further 3 hours, or until the meat is meltingly tender.
3. About an hour before the pork is done, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes, or until slightly tender, then drain. When the pork has 30 minutes of cooking to go, add the boiled potatoes to the roasting tin, turning them in the rendered boar belly fat to coat.
4. Cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
5. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan until foaming, then fry the garlic and shallot for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Add the anchovies and cook until softened, then add the blanched broccoli and toss to coat. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
6. To serve, carve the boar belly into slices and serve the roast potatoes and anchovy broccoli alongside.
Rate This Recipe