- Serves: 3-4 as a side dish
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus up to 30 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 large cucumber
- handful coriander, chopped
- splash sesame oil
- splash rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 2.5 cm ginger, freshly grated
- pinch sugar
1. Cut the cucumber in half and remove the seeds, but don't peel it.
2. Beat the cucumber well on a chopping board, using the side of the biggest knife you own - preferably a cleaver, until it collapses.
3. Break down any pieces that have stubbornly refused to collapse into bite-sized pieces with your fingers.
4. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Leave for 10-30 minutes to marinate before serving.
Rate This Recipe