- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 200 g fresh organic or wild salmon
- 50 g smoked salmon, shredded
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 60 g butter, softened
- 1 lemon, juiced
- wholemeal bread, to toast
- watercress, to garnish
Tips and Suggestions
To ensure youre buying the freshest whole salmon, make sure there is little or no smell and the flesh is cold and firm.
If you wish wrap the fish in foil and then cook it in a steamer, under the grill, on the barbeque or in the oven. The advantage to this is that all the essential flavours and juices are retained inside a sealed parcel.
When folding the mixture make sure to do so very gently and carefully or you will end up with a big mush!
1. Cook the salmon in a tray with a little water and oil, covered in foil for 6-7 minutes at 180C/160C fan/gas 4 until its just still pink in the middle. Drain and set aside to cool. When its cooled gently flake into pieces.
2. Carefully fold in the other ingredients. Finish with a squeeze of lemon and a little salt and pepper. Taste and adjust if needed.
3. Slice the bread and toast under a grill.
4. Serve the salmon next to the toasts and garnish with watercress.
Rate This Recipe