- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 375 g smoked chocolate
- 9 eggs
- 300 g caster sugar
Tips and Suggestions
Tristan uses cold-smoked chocolate in this recipe.
Cold smoking is a process which smokes food without exposing it to heat, and you can buy all sorts of smoked goodies at Shropshire's Organic Smokehouse
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Brush six ring moulds with butter, then line with greaseproof paper. Transfer the moulds to a baking sheet.
3. Place the chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barley simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesnt touch the water) and leave to melt, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool for about ten minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Gently fold in the cooled melted chocolate.
5. Divide the chocolate mixture between the prepared moulds and bake for about 6 minutes, or until set on the outside but still runny on the inside. Allow to rest out of the oven for about 7-8 minutes before removing the moulds to serve.
Rate This Recipe