- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 leek, trimmed and diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 potato, cubed
- 50 g sliced smoked salmon, cut into julienne (long thin strips)
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 450 ml tarragon scentedfish stock or water
- 225 g smoked cockles
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 175 ml cream
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Heat a large pan over a medium heat. Add the butter and once it is foaming, tip in the onion, leek, carrot, potato and smoked salmon. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
2. Pour the wine into the pan and allow to bubble down and reduce by half. Add the fish stock or water and bring to a simmer, then add the cockles.
3. Return the pan to a simmer and add the parsley and cream, then season to taste. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for another 2-3 minutes.
4. To serve, ladle the chowder into warmed serving bowls, piling plenty of the fish and shellfish into the centre of each one.
Rate This Recipe