- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 medium eel
- 1 lemon
- handful oakwood chippings
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander stalks
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 lime, juice and finely grated zest
- 2 radishes, sliced wafer thin
- handful coriander leaves
1. To smoke the eel, cut 2 squares of foil; one 30cm square and the other slightly larger.
2. Cut the eel into 2 x 15cm sections and place 2 side by side in the centre of the 30cm foil square.
3. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt and fold the edges to make a parcel.
4. Sprinkle the oakwood chippings in the middle of the slightly larger foil sheet.
5. Place the parcel containing the eel in the centre of the chippings and puncture several holes in the upper part of the parcel.
6. Wrap the outer foil around the eel parcel and place on a trivet over the hob.
7. Cook for 10-15 minutes over a low-medium heat, then remove and rest for 5 minutes. Slice the eel into small pieces.
8. To make the dressing; mix all the ingredients together.
9. To serve; arrange the radish slices in a circle in the centre of a serving plate. Place the smoked eel pieces on top. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and pour over the dressing.
Rate This Recipe