- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 medium eel, (try to use farmed eels as the wild populations are struggling)
- 1 large baguette, sliced and toasted
- lemon juice
- black pepper
1. Make a slit lengthways down the eels (you may need to cut them in half to fit in your smoker). Leave the heads on as this will add to the flavour. Rub salt into the outside and also sprinkle inside. Do not remove any fat as this will protect the meat inside and make it beautifully moist.
2. Cook for 30 minutes at 80C. Remove from the smoker and leave them to cool.
3. Pull off the skin and using a sharp knife carefully cut off several fillets.
4. Serve these on pieces of toast with lemon juice, a little horseradish and black pepper.
Rate This Recipe