- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 fillets of smoked grey mullet, or hot smoked salmon, (about 100g each)
- 150 g penne
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 60 ml vodka
- juice of 1 lemons
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Flake the smoked fish into a mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente and drain thoroughly.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan set over medium-low heat and sweat the shallot gently until translucent. Increase the heat, and add the vodka and seasoning. When the vodka is reduced by half, add the crème fraîche and bring to the boil. Simmer for a minute or two.
4. Add the flaked fish to the sauce along with the lemon juice and parsley and heat through.
5. Mix together the pasta and the sauce, either in the frying pan if wide enough, or in the pasta pan, and heat to serving temperature. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe