- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g floury potatoes, such as King Edwards or Maris Piperpeeled and diced
- 400 g smoked haddock, fillets, boneless
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 300 ml milk
- 200 g tiger prawns, cooked and chopped
- 1 bunches chives, finely snipped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 8 tbsp dried breadcrumbs, natural
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 250 ml sunflower oil, for shallow frying
1. Cook the diced potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 12 - 15 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, place the haddock in a sauté pan and pour over the milk. Cover, bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes or so until cooked through.
3. Drain the diced potatoes well and return to the pan. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and mash together.
4.Remove the poached smoked haddock from the pan and flake into the mashed potatoes.
5. Add the prawns and chives then stir together.
6. Shape the mixture into four firm, even-sized cakes.
7. Mix together the Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
8.Season the flour with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
9. Dust the fish cakes lightly with the seasoned flour, dip into the beaten egg and then coat with the Parmesan breadcrumbs.
10. Heat a little sunflower oil in a frying pan and gently cook the fish cakes for 2 minutes on each side until crisp and golden; drain on kitchen paper.
11. Serve with mayonnaise and lemon wedges
Rate This Recipe