- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g macaroni
- 300 ml milk
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 fillets of smoked haddock, skinned and pin boned
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped (optional)
- olive oil, (optional)
1. Put the macaroni into a large saucepan of boiling salted water and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Pour the milk and cream into the pan with the haddock fillets, bring to a simmer and cook for 6-7 minutes until cooked through.
3. Remove haddock from pan, and bring milk and cream to the boil, simmering rapidly until thickened and reduced by about a third.
4. Add the mustard and cheese, stirring until melted.
5. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
6. Add the cooked macaroni to the sauce and haddock broken into flakes. Stir to combine.
7. Serve the macaroni with a sprinkle of chopped chives and drizzle of olive oil if desired.
Rate This Recipe