- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900g-1.25kg filleted smoked haddock, un-dyed, bones removed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 shallots, chopped
- 600 ml double cream
- 2 good pinches strands saffron
- 120 g spinach leaves
- coarsely ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan and fry the finely chopped shallots until they are quite soft, but not coloured.
2. Cut the filleted fish into 3cm chunks and add to the pan along with the fish, cream and saffron. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes, until the fish is cooked.
3. Season with pepper and add the spinach. Cook until the leaves have wilted, taking care not to break up the fish pieces. Ladle into warmed bowls and serve.
Rate This Recipe