- Effort: easy
- 2x160 g portions undyed smoked haddock
- 100 ml white wine
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp whipping cream
- 80 g unsalted butter, diced, plus a little for cooking the eggs
- 1/2 bunches chives, finely sliced
- 2 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Place the smoked haddock onto a tray, spoon a little water over each fillet and season with black pepper. Bake for 6-7 minutes in the oven until just warmed through.
3. To make the sauce: heat the white wine and white wine vinegar with the shallots in a small pan and bring to the boil. Cook steadily until there is only about 3 tablespoons of liquid remaining. Reduce the heat and whisk in the whipping cream. Add the butter, bit by bit, stirring constantly. Add the chives, season well with salt and pepper and keep warm.
4. Fry the eggs in a little butter, in a non-stick pan, for about 2 minutes until just cooked. Serve the haddock on the potato pancake, topped with the eggs and sauce.
Rate This Recipe