- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 ml olive oil
- 4 large thick pieces of natural smoked haddock fillets
- few drops of vinegar
- black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 250 g spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- juice of 1 lemons
- 4 portions of mashed potato, to serve
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add in the haddock pieces and fry until the fish crisp and golden on both sides and cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water with a few drops of vinegar in it to a simmering boil. Carefully, break the eggs into the water and poach for 3-4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan. Add in the spinach and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover and cook, stirring now and then, until wilted, a matter of minutes. Drain well, to remove any excess moisture.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, mustard and lemon juice until well-mixed. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Place the mashed potato on 4 warm serving plates. Add a little spinach to each serving and top with the smoked haddock.
6. Place a poached egg on the top of each smoked haddock portion, drizzle over the mustard dressing and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe