- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g bacon, cut into lardons
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- 4 smoked mackerel fillet
- 1 avocado, sliced
- juice of ½ lemons
- 4 large handfuls of spinach leaves
- 2 handfuls of frisée lettuce
- 2 handfuls of croutons
- black pepper
For the dressing:
- 150 g roquefort cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp parsley, thinly chopped
1. For the blue cheese dressing, put 100g of Roquefort cheese and 2 egg yolks together into a blender and whiz. Slowly the vegetable oil until the mixture is smooth. Add the vinegar and whiz again.
2. Break the rest of the cheese into small chunks and place in a large bowl. Stir in the chopped parsley and the blended dressing.
3. For the salad, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the bacon until crispy. Add the garlic, remove the bacon from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Place the smoked mackerel and avocado slices in a large bowl and add the lemon juice. Stir in the bacon.
5. Arrange the baby spinach and lettuce on a large serving plate.
6. Pour a little of the blue cheese dressing into the bowl containing the smoked mackerel. Spoon the contents of the bowl on top of the spinach and lettuce.
7. Scatter the croutons over the salad, add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe