- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the warm vegetable salad
- 250 g baby beetroot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 250 g new potatoes
- 150 g French beans, trimmed
- 3 handfuls watercress
For the makerel
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 2 smoked mackerel fillet, skinned, boned and halved lengthways
For the horseradish dressing
- 100 ml crème fraîche
- 60 g fresh horseradish, grated, or substitute with creamed horseradish
- 0.5 lemons, juice
1. Set the oven to 200C/gas 6. Wash and scrub the baby beetroots and trim the ends. Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and wrap in foil. Roast for about 10 minutes, until tender.
2. Cook the new potatoes in slightly salted boiling water until tender, drain and set aside (if the potatoes are large then you will need to cut them into half or quarters).
3. Blanch the beans in boiling water, quickly refresh in cold water and set aside.
4. Place the cooked beetroot in a large bowl and add the potatoes, beans and watercress.
5. In the meantime, brush each sheet of filo with a little beaten egg and fold it in half.
6. Lay one half fillet of fish on the edge of each rectangle. Fold over the edges and roll up to make a neat long rectangular package.
7. Brush again with egg and place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp.
8. Stir the crème fraîche, horseradish and lemon juice into the vegetables and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
9. Serve the mackerel parcels whilst hot, accompanied by the dressed vegetables.
Rate This Recipe