- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 1 fillet smoked mackerel, skin taken off, deboned
- squeeze lemon juice
- handfuls dill, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp soured cream
- large knob butter
- grilled toast, to serve
1. Roughly flake the mackerel into a bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, the dill and the sour cream. Using a fork, roughly mix and beat the mixture. Season with pepper.
2. Melt a large knob of butter in a pan, keeping it moving at all times as you don't want the butter to split.
3. Fill 2 ramekins with the mackerel mixture, flatten and leave a small space for the butter. Pour the hot butter over the mackerel until the ramekins are full. Chill until the butter has set.
4. Serve in the ramekins with thin slices of grilled toast.
Rate This Recipe