- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr chilling
- Effort: easy
- 4 smoked mackerel fillet
- 115 g button mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 bunches of spring onions, finely chopped
- 150 ml double cream
- 300 ml natural yogurt
- 6 tbsp creamed horseradish
- black pepper
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 lemon wedges, to garnish
- sprigs watercress, to garnish
1. Flake the smoked mackerel, discarding the skin and any bones, and place in a large bowl. Mix in the diced mushrooms and chopped spring onions.
2. Add the cream, yoghurt and horseradish, mixing until thoroughly blended. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Make the Melba toast just before serving the pate. Preheat the grill. Toast the bread until golden brown on both sides. Remove and trim the crusts off each slice.
4. Using a bread knife cut each slice horizontally in two, so you have two very fine square slices.
5. Grill the 'uncooked' side of each piece of toast until golden brown.
6. Garnish the smoked mackerel pâté with lemon wedges and watercress and serve with Melba toast.
Rate This Recipe