- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette, cut into strips lengthways
- 2 red peppers, grilled, peeled and de-seeded
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 smoked mackerel fillet, bones removed
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped
- handfuls wild rocket
1. In a hot, heavy-ridged griddle pan, grill all of the vegetables until char marked and cooked. Cook the peppers, the aubergine, the courgette and finally, the tomatoes. Do not oil the vegetables when cooking as it creates too much smoke.
2. Put all the vegetables into one bowl and season with pepper. Add the lime juice, hummus and olive oil and toss to combine.
3. Sprinkle the mackerel fillets with the chopped rosemary and place skin side down on the grill. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
4. Toss the wild rocket with the grilled vegetables and divide between four plates. Remove the fish from the grill, arrange over the salad and serve.
Rate This Recipe